Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance
If a web site is for:
- US publicly traded companies and global companies with US publicly traded operations
- Corporations that fall under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commissions
- Private firms interested in going public
- Private firms that may be the target of an acquisition or merger by a public firm (ensuring compliance of the final entity).
- European companies and many Asia/Pacific-headquartered companies that are dually listed on two or more stock exchanges.
...then the company running it must comply with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) legislation.